Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Holiday hangover...

Whew! Christmas is done - had such a great time with my family and friends. The downside - I ate WAY too much (just as I suspected) and didn't purge enough. Exercise went down + purging went down = massive weight gain. I weighed myself yesterday...are you ready...178. UGH. I suck.

So after that lovely scale reading, I decided that since the holidays are now over (at least for me), I'll be trying the Dukan diet (modified, of course). The idea is that you eat only protein for the first 5-7 days, then slowly start adding in specific vegetables. You're allowed to eat as much protein as you want, btw.

Yesterday was day 1 for me. I had tilapia for breakfast and lunch, chicken and cabbage for dinner. (I know I wasn't supposed to have the cabbage yet, but it was there, and I wanted it.) I topped out at 1000 cals for the day and what's cool is that I didn't count the cals till the end of the day! So I felt full and satisfied.

The scale this morning liked me much better: 176.4

Hopefully, I'll be able to stay on track. I've already burned 325 cals on the stationary bike this am, so that's a good start. Gotta stick to that protein!!

3 comments:

  1. Well done, lovely. I just read through your whole blog. You're doing great, and you write very well. If you have any questions about blogging, leave me a comment and ask. I'd be happy to offer advice.
    Anyway, goodluck with the Dukan diet. Even if you have things like cabbage too early, that's totally fine, because it's pretty low calorie.
    325 cals burnt is great!! Very cool.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sarah! I really appreciate your comment. Have you ever tried the Dukan diet? How'd it go for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great you've already started! And are already making progress whooh!

    ReplyDelete