Sunday, January 9, 2011

171.6

That's the weight I'm at this am. That's 4ish pounds. Not too bad.
Going to the gym today to run my buns off. Still going with the low carb thing - although I've been reading that carb/calorie cycling is supposed to be really good for fat loss. From what I can tell, you do 3 days (more or less depending on you) of no carbs (or less than 20g) and low calories, followed by 1 day of higher carbs (somewhere around 80-100g) and higher calories (increased 500cals from the low days).
So....if I'm doing 800cals and 20g carbs on low days, then after 3 days or so (which is usually when I binge anyway), I could increase my cals to 1300 and carbs to 80g. Interesting theory.
I read on someone else's blog that they follow low carb/cals until the scale doesn't move for 3 days in a row. That worked out to 6 days of low carb/cal. She then followed that with 6 days of high carb/cal. I think 6 days of a "refeed" is too much for me, but it seemed to work for her.
Now that I'm feeling better I may have to give this a try...who knows? Nothing else has kept me from the bingeing cycle yet. Maybe this would help that since I would know in advance that a higher day was on the horizon? I'll keep it posted.
 Thanks to you guys who have wished me luck, given me a boost up, and sent "feel better" wishes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment